Tuesday 14 June 2011

It's winter, baby!

Leg warmers, Papuchi (slippers) and indoor activities.  It's winter baby! I know most cringe at the thought of crisp mornings and icy cold nights, but I love winter.  Always have.  Cosy socks, hot chocolate and cuddles on the couch, reading, drawing... Winter is the most intimate season, I think that's why I love it so much.  It encourages us to get closer to the ones we love.  Winter just begs for hot soups and crusty breads and baking delicious cakes, and we all do it together.


(leg warmers and papuchi on my bebe)

I passed on one of my all time favourites to my baby today.  Lamingtons and hot milk. 

 (shirt says: I'm the cutest alarm clock - umm maybe not at 6am when its 5 degree's outside, my love)

(LOVES it!)

I find it fascinating how some things which are considered an acquired taste, can be so easily loved by first bite by a toddler!  Vegemite, olives, chili/spicy foods to name a few. 

But winter does not come without it's disadvantages of course.  The winter snot monster has already reared its ugly head (by that I mean a snotty kid at the play center we went to) and my baby caught it! blah! So we add tissues and chamomile tea to our list of winter.  

I find motivation to get creative and organised too.  My next project:

(its currently finished and hanging in her room.  I'll take a pic when the snotty bebe wakes from her slumber.)

ohhh speaking of the little booger, she wakes :) Going to greet her crusty snotty face right now.

Cuddle your bebe's, you know thats what i'll be doing!

1 comment:

  1. Look at how nice she drinks out of that mug! What a big girl. :) I know I say it every time, but I LOVE your blog. And Ella is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete