Wednesday 25 May 2011

Home Bodies (009 - 013)

While I'd love to say I have time to post every single day, the truth is, well... I probably do.  But I'd rather be spending my time doing this:

(Note: pudgy pillow foot!)



So we sat outside in the sunshine on this chilly Autumn day, drawing with side walk chalk.  Ok, so I was drawing... 
And she was covering me with bark and dirt:

 Which by the way, is so much more fun than sidewalk chalk.  I love how she teaches me things.  I find myself questioning my decisions everyday.  'No Ella, we do not run around the house with the toilet roll, leaving squares in every room'.




But why not? Because honestly, the 2 minutes it took to clean that up was so worth the fun and smiles and giggles which make up the best memories. So she teaches me to let go, laugh and play.  Because one day when she's grown up sitting at the dinner table, I want to remember the memories we made, not the ones I prevented.


Speaking of memories, my all time favourite:


Morning bed hair, milky morning breath and sleep wrinkles.  My favourite time of the day.  She's oh so snuggly, still half asleep but so refreshed and excited for the day ahead.  Remember that feeling we used to get in the mornings when we were kids?  We'd wake up and just the thought of a brand new day was so exciting.  Sleep was boring, we wanted to stay awake as long as possible, and then wake up as soon as the sun came out to play.


Now, all we want to do is sleep.

So on with the new day.  Mama-baby pedi day :)  She so badly wants to paint my toes and yells at me to give her the brush.  But mama knows best, one day when her dexterity isn't as erratic as a jack hammer, i'll let her paint me some dinosaur toes. 






She had two naps today! which gave me time to finish this:






I love when I get time to be creative.  If I could choose to be a stay at home mum, with the laundry and the dishes and the vacuum attached to my hip I would.  I couldn't think of anything more comforting than running my own home for my own family.  Wearing that apron and baking with little feet running around me.


I love making my house feel like a home, and I love spending lots of time at home. Home is where my fondest memories of my mother are, and I want my child(ren) to feel the same. 

3 comments:

  1. You just warmed my heart right up girl, I feel equally cheesy about ALL of the above.. and sometimes people think its too much but it's just how i feel.. its in my bones, and I choose to suck the life out of it :)

    Glad you feel the same.. :) You rock mama - and love the scrapbook picture you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie she is! I LOVE your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog Emi! So many things that make me want to cry lol Your a GREAT MUM! keep up the GREAT WORK!xx

    ReplyDelete